Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT IS A RATsBAG?
RATsBAG is a dumpster like bag, convenient and cost-effective alternative to a metal dumpster to disposal of heavy and bulky waste (No damage to your driveway since it is a bag!). RATsBAG is Made from 100% recyclable, ultra-strong and durable woven polypropylene bag.
HOW DO RATsBAG WORK?
Choose a super strong RATsBAG from our range, put it in a convenient spot (if in doubt where – just ask!), fill it with rubbish, even the heavy stuff, give us a call and the RATs will take it away. That’s, kind of it, really.
• BUY IT: Order online now and we can mail to your home on the next working day.
• FILL IT: Take your time, our RATsBAG dumpster are flat-packed for easy storage, ready to fill, whenever you want. Don’t forget that, unlike some other waste companies, we’re happy to take your heavy waste: soil, rubble and bricks are no problem!
• BOOK IT: When you’re ready for us to take it away, book a collection online or give our friendly team a call.
• WE COLLECT: We’ll be as quick as we can! Over 90% of bags are collected in the first 3 days after booking, thanks to our brilliant team of RATSBAG truck drivers.
WHERE CAN I BUY A RATsBAG?
You can order a RATsBAG direct online from our site www.ratsbag.com any time and we will send it to your home the very next working day.
WHAT CAN I PUT IN A RATsBAG?
RATsBAGs are intended for the disposal of ordinary household, garden and light and heavy builder’s waste.
We have 3 different bag sizes..Small, Medium and Large.
Each has its own restriction to what can be put in each one.
We accept 3 types of material:
a) Heavy debris/ construction materials
b) Light debris/ construction materials
c) Household junk
Please see below a list of acceptable and unacceptable materials for each bag size.
CLEAN CONCRETE W/
TILES WITH PLASTER
Please DO NOT use it to dispose of hazardous or specialist wastes like contaminated plasterboard (or gypsum material), asbestos, batteries, electrical goods, liquids, chemicals, or food waste.
WHAT CAN I NOT PUT IN A RATsBAG?
NO HAZARDOUS MATERIALS OF ANY KIND:
Large Tree Stumps
Large Tree Roots
WHAT CAN I PUT IN MY 1 CU. YD SMALL RATSBAG?
1 CU. Yard SMALL bag
We accept: heavy, light construction debris & household items junk.
EX: Cement, stone, dirt, brick, Sheetrock, tiles, plywood, etc.
WHAT CAN I PUT IN A 3 CU. YD. MEDIUM RATSBAG?
3 CU. Yd. MEDIUM bag
We accept: LIGHT construction debris only & household items/junk.
EX: Sheetrock, plywood, carpet, wood, furniture, garbage, household rubbish, junk etc.
NO heavy debris at all.
WHAT CAN I PUT IN A 8 CU. YD LARGE RATSBAG?
8 CU. Yd. LARGE bag
We accept: ONLY household items junk.
EX: furniture, papers and cardboard products, rubbish, toys, clutter, clothing, kitchen utensils, office products, plastics, etc.
NO construction debris at all.
CAN I PUT SOIL IN A RATSBAG?
Yes, you can put soil in a SMALL RATsBAG ONLY. If you place soil in the medium or large bag we will not collect your bag due to weight limit OR charge you an extra fee.
CAN I PUT SHEETROCK IN A RATsBAG?
Yes, You can put sheetrock in a SMALL AND MEDIUM RATsBAG ONLY. If you place sheetrock in a large ratsbag we will not collect you bag due to weight limit OR charge you an extra fee.
CAN I PUT PAINT IN A RATsBAG?
No, liquid waste (such as paint & oil) is classified as hazardous and cannot be placed in a RATsBAG for collection.
CAN GLASS GO IN A RATsBAG?
Yes, you can put glass in a RATSBAG but sharps need to be wrapped in order to avoid piercing the bag or endangering those who collect and sort the waste.
CAN I PUT MATTRESS IN A RATsBAG?
Additional charges apply for mattress collection if you overload the bag. If you want to use aur RATsBAG to get rid of your mattress, make sure your mattress fully fits within the bag – we’ve a large RATsBAG size that will help with any sized mattress.
CAN YOU PUT FOOD WASTE IN A RATSBAG?
You can NOT fill up the entire bag with food waste. I you are a home owner cleaning up your refrigerator, yes you can place food waste in our bags. If you are a company and is going to fill up the entire bag with food waste, NO we will not accept it.
CAN YOU PUT CLOTHES IN A RATSBAG?
Yes, can put clothes in any of our RATSBAG.
CAN YOU PUT A WASHING MACHINE OR TUMBLE DRYER IN A RATSBAG?
Yes, you can dispose of a washing machine or tumble dryer in any of our RATSBAG
SOMEONE ELSE HAS OFFERED TO PICK UP MY RATSBAG
When you start filling your RATSBAG, you might find it draws some attention. However, if someone does offer to collect your bag then do beware of any price that seems too good to be true - it probably is!
There’s a chance your waste could be removed by a rogue trader who pockets your hard earned cash before simply fly-tipping your waste. Not only is this illegal and not very kind to our environment, if the waste is traced back to you, you could face a hefty fine.
You can help avoid this situation by asking for details of their waste carrier’s registration. RATSBAG is affiliated to MAXIMUM CLEANING SRV INC and is registered as a waste carrier, we offer collections across the country and pride ourselves on delivering an excellent service – our prices reflect this. However we still remain one of the most cost-effective methods of waste disposal.
WHAT HAPPENS TO THE WASTE COLLECTED IN A RATSBAG?
All the waste removed in a RATSBAG is taken to a Waste Transfer Station that has been licensed by the Environment Agency and audited by us personally. Here it is sorted and separated with as much material as possible (on average over 95%) going on to have a second life.
If the waste really can’t be reused or recycled then unfortunately, it ends up being taken to landfill. RATSBAG COMPANY actively support all initiatives that aim to divert waste from landfill and endeavours to pass on any tips or advice to customers about boosting recycling whenever they can.
HOW DOES A RATSBAG COMPARE TO DUMPSTERS?
Benefits of a RATSBAG:
• Suitability: The 5-Star junk removal solution, used by thousands, comes in 3 large sizes taking everything from cupboards to concrete. From unwanted kitchens and bathrooms to garden waste, soil, rubble and bricks, our RATSBAGs take it all
• Positioning & Collection: Put our various bags in places you could never get a traditional dumpster. Fill it in your own time, book online 24/7 and we’ll even pick it up when you are out. We will be gone in minutes with no disruption
• No rush: Take your time! RATSBAGs are far more flexible than a conventional metal dumpster. You have six months to book your collection so don’t worry if a job gets delayed or you just want to take your time. We’ll be there when you need us
HOW DO I FILL A RATSBAG?
Filling a RATSBAG dumpster is easy – simply cuff it for stability then fill evenly, being careful not to overfill which could affect your collection.
1. Unfold and open out the RATSBAG and position within 12 Ft of the road
2. Fold the sides of the bag out and down, like a cuff, to create rigid sides
3. Fill the bag, placing heavy materials at the bottom of the bag, with lighter waste on top
4. Bring the sides of the bag up as you fill, ensuring that the lifting straps remain clear
WHERE CAN I PUT MY RATSBAG?
• In order to ensure a successful RATSBAG dumpster collection, the bag must be positioned within 12 Ft of the road for our cranes to be able to reach it and the road needs to be at least 12 Ft wide for our collection truck to gain access
• Remember we have to lift the bag; so don’t place it near trees, cars or beneath overhead wires that might obstruct the crane.
• We can't drive onto unpaved or muddied driveways as our vehicles could sink
• Our driver will need to reach the bag handles to hook the crane on, so positioning the bag behind locked gates can pose a problem
• If you need to place your RATSBAG dumpster on a public street, pavement or curb you may need to obtain permission from your local authority
If you have any questions regarding access to your site or property then please contact us on
1-888-728-7224 before the bag is filled and we’ll do our best to help.
DO I NEED A PERMIT FOR A RATSBAG DUMPSTER?
If you plan to place your RATSBAG dumpster on a public street, you will more than likely need to apply for a dumpster permit from your local city.
You will not need a dumpster permit if you plan to keep your RATSBAG dumpster entirely on private property.
WHERE DOES RATSBAG COLLECT FROM?
We suggest going into our home page www.ratsbag.com to check our coverage area by entering your zip code into our (check your area zip code box) or just give us a call on 1-888-728-7224.
WHEN WILL I RECEIVE MY RATSBAG?
We ship our RATSBAGs next working day by UPS standard mail.. If you place your order with RATSBAG before midday on Monday to Thursday you should receive your RATSBAG the very next day depending where you live . Orders placed before midday on Friday will be delivered Monday; orders placed after midday on Friday will be delivered Tuesday.
HOW DO I BOOK AND PAY FOR A RATSBAG COLLECTION?
When your RATSBAG is filled and you’re ready for us to take it away, book a collection either online in our website or just give our friendly team a call on 1-888-728-7224.
NOTE: if you use our phones service to book a collection we will charge an extra $8.00 fee. We encourage you to go to our online pages to book your collection.
• Please be ready to tell us your address, the location of the bag on your site or property and the type of waste in the RATSBAG dumpster.
• Please inform our call center if there are likely to be any restrictions that could affect the collection, such as congestion charging, street width or parking limitations, as these may incur a surcharge
ARE RATSBAG WATERPROF?
NO, RATSBAGs are porous and not waterproof or watertight as they are made from a woven material (100% recyclable polypropylene).
DO I GET THE RATSBAG BACK? ARE RATSBAG REUSABLE?
No, since we don’t know what you are putting in the bag, we cannot guarantee its credibility for more than one use. RATSBAGs are a single trip dumpter bag so we’ll take it away and recycle it along with the rest of your waste.
CAN I GET A REFUND ON MY RATSBAG?
ALL RATSBAG SALES ARE FINAL. No refunds, no returns, no exchanges.
If you bought the bag from one of our resellers then you may be able to return it to them, but it will be under their terms and conditions and your statutory rights.
MY RUBBISH IS IN A POTENTIALLY DIFFICULT PLACE TO REMOVE IT FROM; CAN YOUR COMPANY HANDLE THIS?
If you’re unsure about whether our team can get your rubbish from where it is, send us some pictures or a short video from your smart phone at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can get a better idea and confirm. We offer different services like junk removal with labor. You can visit our sister company www.1844junkrat.com for more information.
WHAT'S CONSIDER OVERLOAD BAGS?